Scores can be posted on GHIN or using the GHIN App on your mobile device.
1) Your handicap index may change. Your new Handicap Index will be more responsive to good scores by averaging your eight best scores out of your most recent 20
2) In the new system your Course Handicap will be the number of strokes needed to play to par. The formula to calculate your course handicap is:
Course Handicap = Handicap Index × (Slope Rating ÷ 113) + (Course Rating – Par)
3) The maximum hole score for each player will be limited to a Net Double Bogey.
4) Your Handicap Index will be revised daily.
5) The new system will limit extreme upward movement of a Handicap Index, automatically and immediately reduce a Handicap Index when an exceptional score of at least 7 strokes better is posted.
More information can be found on the SCGA website and the links below.
Course and Slope Rating
Number of scores for handicap
Exceptional Score Reduction
Playing Conditions Calculations
Handicap Index Updates
Maximum Handicap index
Course Handicap Calculation
Playing Handicap Calculation
Maximum Hole Score for Handicap Purposes